Monday, February 5, 2007

Morogoro


Once I landed in Dar, Dave and Bonnie were there to greet me. We had some Cokes together(because there was no Dr. Pepper) and then I was off to Morogoro in the truck they let me borrow.

Morogoro is 2-3 hours from the coast of Tanzania and although the town isn't elevated that much, it sits next to some beautiful mountains which are rugged and seemed like they were carved out just yesterday.

The trip to Morogoro was a breeze because it is one of the few good highways in Tanzania. Once there, I checked into the Hotel Oasis, met David Masalu to talk about the conference the next day, and crashed. I was exhausted from the trip.


The next morning I got ready and met about 70 pastors on the top of the Roof Garden Hotel. (It was on a roof of a hotel, but we're still looking for the garden.) I shared with them for about two hours the vision for church planting and a ministry of multiplication. They asked questions and wanted to know when we could come back with a team. Please pray that God would give us wisdom to know whether to bring on here or to simply send trainers.

That night I had dinner with some veteran IMB missionaries Ralph and Vivian Boyle, who have served in Tanzania for 23 years. We laughed and shared stories and I learned a lot from their experiences. Pray for them and their ministry here in Morogoro.

The next morning I was up early to return to Dar for church services. More on that to come.

For the Harvest,
Phil

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like all is going well and we can't wait til you get home. Everything is moving along here-we'll see you on Sunday. Mike